Monday, January 19, 2009

Matt Launches 365 Project and Blog


My new blog coincides with a new project I have undertaken for 2009; the 365 Project. Some quick background: I realized over the last couple of years that the only time I was taking photographs was when someone was paying me to do so. Not a bad situation considering it's my business, but not exactly a recipe for feeding my creative soul.

Hence the 365 Project. My project (and challenge!) is to create and post one photograph per day, everyday through the end of 2009.

Since the purpose was to rediscover my love for photography I have kept project critera simple:

- The image has to be created on the day it is posted for (although the post will be one day behind). i.e. no taking 10 photos in one day and taking the next 10 days off!
- DISCLOSURE: I got this idea on January 13. That means I am having to "back fill" the slots to January 1.

That's it! The subject matter is completely open. It could be a simple snapshot from my point & shoot; it could be an actual portrait for a client; it could be a portfolio image. The idea is to create, at least once a day.

Will you come along this ride with me? I will need the encouragement and interest I'm hoping I get from this project to keep me going.

To see the entire gallery go to the "365 Project" link on my website, http://www.matthewlemke.com/. See below for images from previous days (I'm still working on my "backfilling" before Jan. 13.)







2 comments:

David Lemke said...

Matthew - Great picture! Are you surrounded by camera equipment or a garbage disposal??

Markus Heitkoetter said...

Great project. Looking forward to the pictures :-)

Markus Heitkoetter