Monday, February 16, 2009

Photo for February 15: Iron rail bridge

Iron rail bridge by I-10 westbound close to Sealy, TX. I took this shot yesterday on our return trip from Houston, however, I completely forgot to post it once I got home! We exited off I-10 and drove back on the two-way access road. There were a bit of gravel road that gave some closer access to the bridge. It was quite rustic, complete with the earthy odor of decaying deer and cow carcass. I was very fortunate; I had been on the lookout for the bridge and our stop happened to coincide with that wonderful end of day light. I love the juxtaposition of the angular and rigid iron beams with the curving shapes of the deadvine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo. I love rust in late afternoon sun. When we get our "grown-up" house, I'd like a large print of something like this in a nice frame.